Current R&D&I projects implemented by CBiR include:
- An innovative system for the automatic identification of defects in gas infrastructure using acoustic emission.
- Telemetric reading of data from metering systems using innovative vision overlays.
- Testing of an innovative low- and medium-pressure gas network inspection system based on Machine Learning technology for advanced network leak detection, emission measurement and reduction, and optimisation of the gas pipeline replacement programme.
- Piloting the use of satellite image analysis for the inspection of high and increased medium-pressure gas pipelines as a complementary solution to aerial inspections.
- Piloting the use of VR technology as a supporting solution to providing occupational health and safety training in pre-medical first aid.